About The Event
Due to low RSVP we've had, we have cancelled the booth portion of the event. However, we still would like to invite everyone to attend as there will be opportunity for you to network with everyone including our sponsors. We will also be happy to collect your resumes to pass along to interested sponsors who could not attend the event themselves as well. Please check out our revised schedule.
The goal of the event is to provide an opportunity for the employers and potential candidates to meet in an environment that helps the under-represented group make a stronger impression than the current norm. To achieve this, we hope that only participants who believe they are part of an under-represented group would submit their resume at the event, while those who believe they are part of a well-represented group would simply leave a business card or fill out a contact form. This will hopefully encourage employers to look at the under-represented candidates before deciding to move to the well-represented candidate pool.
The event will include booths for our sponsors to set up and meet with attendees who are looking to connect with their potential employer. There is also a speaking event starting at noon and a discussion event to present and discuss topics related to diversity in tech industry.
Please also checkout our Code of Conduct for the event.
11:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Meet and Mingles
12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
1:30 PM - 2:30 PM
2:30 PM - 4:00 PM
Meet and Mingles
- How much of the job qualifications list do you expect potential employees to match?
- How do you assess unfamiliar qualification like educational institute or certification, and how important is it for applicants to seek re-accreditation?
- What is your company doing to be competitive as employers?
- What are your thoughts on unpaid internships/co-ops?
- How are you to being competitive as an employer from interns/co-ops perspective?
- What are strategies job seekers can use to sniff out and avoid toxic work environments?
- How would you go about job hunting while pregnant?
- What is your advice for people re-entering workforce after being a stay at home parent?
- What are your thoughts on the saying "HR works for the company, not you."?